Save your bank ballance by swapping out these exxy beauty faves for our mo...
Body Exfoliants & Scrubs
Why exfoliate? As our bodies are just as exposed to environmental damage, UV rays, and pollution as our faces are, every inch of your skin needs to be cared for.
The many benefits of exfoliation include:
- Buffing away dead cells
- Encouraging new growth and regeneration
- Unveiling softer, more supple skin
- Encouraging lymphatic drainage and boosting circulation (which is great for the winter).
Although there are plenty of products are the market, take care to look out for and avoid:
- Tiny micro plastics: Many mainstream cosmetic lines use tiny plastic particles as their buffing solutions. Not great for the environment, the ocean or you.
- Companies that test on animals: Need we say more?
- Formulas with potentially harmful ingredients including parabens and synthetic fragrances.
Like we said, more than 60% of products that we treat our exteriors with are absorbed into the body, so we encourage our community to stay away from potentially harmful additives like parabens. With the potential to negatively effect our endocrine systems – and synthetic fragrances more likely to cause irritation and flare ups than natural scents – we always stay away from these ingredients wherever possible.
If you’re looking to maintain soft glowing skin in the summer, and a moisturised, suppleness in the winter, we recommend adopting a great scrub.
Looking for more insight? Check out our range of a-beauty articles exploring all topics from recommended ingredients to look out for and how to give into dry brushing.