Gritty Pretty's Editor-in-Chief shares her favourite Australian products
Our bodies take a lot of heat day in, day out. All year long, the following factors can have an effect:
- Environmental damage: UV rays, pollution, chlorine and heavy metal waters can all wreak havoc on our exteriors. Consider a moisturiser that includes SPF for sun protection.
- Lifestyle factors: Including diet, alcohol and smoking all play a factor in our overall health.
- Seasonal factors: Those who live in colder climates (especially where there is plenty of dry air) suffer from extra dehydration, moisture loss, and potentially cracked or split skin.
While we love talking about the importance of a facial care routine, our team fully believes that our whole bodies deserves the same level of care. To buff up your best body, consider:
- Regular exfoliation: Either a dry brush (great for lymphatic drainage) or a scrub will do the trick. If you’re leaning toward the latter, make sure not to brush up too often – just like our faces, you need down time in between.
- Clean moisturiser: What do we mean by clean? We mean moisturisers that are free from heavy alcohols, parabens, potentially harmful chemicals, and products that aren’t certified cruelty free.
- Oil: What’s even more luxurious? Topping off your moisturiser with an oil. Concentrated doses of jojoba, hemp and coconut oils can lock in moisture, help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, and leave you with a natural glow or sheen.
Our range of growing Australian-only brands are certified to be clean, conscious and committed to a kinder beauty industry worldwide.