Tools & Brushes
If you’re looking to upgrade or stock up on accessories, consider investing in the following go-to’s for a quick and easy look:
- Multitasking brush: If you’re trying to keep it simple, an all-in-one brush can be a great go-to for foundation, concealer, blending, contour and powder.
- Eyelash curler: Using a curler is a great way to lift the lashes and brighten the eyes, even on days you’re going make-up free.
- Tweezers or Brow Scissors: Keeping your eyebrows maintained at their base level will mean less product is needed to tame them.
- Sharpener: Few things will slip like an eyeliner gone dull. Be precise with your eye make-up application and invest in a quality sharpener – a necessity for getting a wide-eyed look.
If you’re looking to add in a few extra tools, we recommend the following accessories regardless of whether you use them day-to-day or only for special occasions.
- Contour Brush: If you prefer a full face, chances are you have dedicated tools for each individual makeup application. Although a great contour brush can be used for highlighters and blushes, its unique shape has been designed to help best fit the needs of your jawline, underside of your cheekbones and hairline.
- Mask Brush: For skincare lovers who have a mask in their weekly routine, a fan-shaped mask brush can help easily distribute products onto your face with little mess and clean up.
- Derma Roller: If you’re ready to up your skincare game, microneedling with a dedicated derma roller is one way to do it. Creating microscopic abrasions in the skin, rolling is intended to help encourage the body’s natural healing mechanisms and reduce the appearance of scars, acne spots and boost collagen production.
Seems like too much? Not to worry – we appreciate that some of our followers want a basics-only kit. If this is you, stick with the foundational recommendations up above. Love having a full face? We hear you. The latter few tools are great for those looking to get serious about their day-to-day cosmetics wear and skincare game.