Gritty Pretty's Editor-in-Chief shares her favourite Australian products
When it comes to exfoliation, many of our followers assume that the focus should be on the face – and we appreciate where they’re coming from. We love all things skincare and cosmetics, but good skincare doesn’t just focus on the neck upwards. Instead, we believe in the power of nurturing your body from head to toe.
Here are a few key essentials to help you do it:
- Scrubs: We love a good scrub. Although some mainstream brands turn to micro plastics for their scrubbing particles, we only work with companies who source naturally-derived alternatives. Like we always say, if it’s not eco-sustainable and safe, it’s not going on our skin.
- Dry Brushing: Designed to move lymphatic fluid and encourage drainage, dry brushing has gentle exfoliating benefits and is a safe practice to commit to every day.
- Moisturisers: This is basic step 101. Always hydrate after stepping out of the shower, after exfoliating, after being out in the sun – and any other time, really. If you’re only looking to invest in one product, make this the one. You can exfoliate with a good wash cloth and try out the other tools another day.
- Oils: Need an extra layer of hydration? Much like serums for the face, oils are a great way to lock in hydration and infuse your skin with extra ingredients like coconut and jojoba, Sweet Almond Oil and Avocado Oil.
- Gua Sha: Inspired by ancient practices found in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Gua Sha involves using an angled stones to scrape the body or face. This practice has the benefit of increased circulation and moving lymph fluid. The stones used for the body are generally larger, thicker and have wider rounded edges than those intended for the face.
Ready to level up your self-care game? With safe ingredients, considerate brands and a conscious community collectively working towards a fair, kind, more diverse beauty market, we’re happy to have here as part of our community.