Gritty Pretty's Editor-in-Chief shares her favourite Australian products
Before diving into the supplement market, it’s good to know:
- There are up to 28 types of this protein available, with Types I, II, III, and IV being the most common.
- Type I makes up to 90% of our naturally existing levels and is the most common found in beauty brands. Each kind contributes to the building blocks of your natural protein, however.
- There is currently no vegan-source of collagen, however, researchers are looking into it. The most common on the market come a powder or capsule form sourced from marine life.
Regardless of the type of product you choose, the benefits of taking this key staple include:
- Strong hair, skin and nails: One of the most abundant building blocks in the body, it contributes to hair, nail, and skin growth and rejuvenation
- Can relieve joint pain and has anti-inflammatory properties for existing conditions like osteoarthritis
- Supports a vital digestive system with soothing properties and helping the intestinal tract to rejuvenate and heal.
Inflammation, poor digestive health and the natural ageing process can all have an effect on our outer and inner health. Topping up through a capsule or powder on a daily basis is one of the best ways to support a more vital, glowing life.
Are you ready to dive in? Before taking the plunge, we absolutely recommend doing your research, as not all formulas are made alike. Some brands on the market tout false marketing claims or source their protein through questionable methods.
Knowing what you’re buying ahead of time can save your wallet and be better for your health. In any case, you can’t do wrong with our carefully considered range. Browse online today.