Gritty Pretty's Editor-in-Chief shares her favourite Australian products
Tidied hairs can make all the difference – on both days that you wear makeup and those you go without. When you don a full face, you hardly want to go out with sparse, patchy brows that could use a fill in. Likewise, hairs that have gone all helter-skelter from your jumper can throw a clean, makeup free look into disarray.
If you’re looking to bring a sense of cohesion to your day – regardless of whether you’re wearing makeup or not – consider:
- Grooming after you cleanse your face: This is especially important if you’re going makeup free. It brightens the eyes and makes you look more awake.
- Swiping through a gel: If you’re going makeup free, or have a great natural set, a gel help the brows stay in place all day.
- Dot through a coloured pencil: This is a quick and easy step that can help fill in sparse hairs or inconsistent lines.
Even when it comes to our range, the a-beauty team never settles for less than superior quality, ethics and sustainability. Before any product or brand touches our shelves, we throughly examine it for:
- Ethics: We only partner with Australian-made brands who are committed to overhauling the industry away from false marketing claims, animal testing and questionable ingredients
- Efficacy: Even if a brand passes our ethics protocol, we’d never recommend products that don’t work. We believe that quality and sustainability can be found together – and work to prove so everyday.
- Sustainability: Not only on the hunt for kinder, cleaner ingredients, we look for formulas, packaging and businesses contributing to a more sustainable industry and earth.
Looking for a midday pick-me-up? Consider the quick and visible results achieved with combing through your brows. Bringing a sense of life, cohesiveness and tidied look to your face, pencils and gels shouldn’t go overlooked any longer – and we’re working to change that trend.