If you’re just diving in to the world of cleaner beauty, we recommend the following for a pure, fully nourishing experience:
- Dry brushing: Starting off with dry brushing. An external way to encourage lymph fluid movement and drainage is with a good body brush. New to the experience? Start from the base of the legs and work your way up the body in slow, circular motions.
- Essential oils: Add a few drops of essential oil to your water. The right oils can offer aromatherapy benefits, help ease tension, stress and anxiety, and even treat topical concerns. Looking for a pick me up? Lang Lang is a great option.
- The right temperature: Soak in warm to hot water – but don’t go too far. Water that’s too hot can add to increased moisture loss and dehydration.
- Salts: Adding in salts (either standard Epsom or Dead Sea salts) can offer gentle exfoliating benefits while also letting your skin soak in magnesium. The added bonus? This natural mineral can help soothe sore, tired muscles and the nervous system before bed.
- Moisturiser or lotion: Follow up with a moisturising or body oil routine. Like we said, hot water can have a dehydrating effect and we want to make sure you lock in the ingredients from a formulated soak. Using both? Layer your products like you would winter cloths – with the heaviest, most concentrated on last. (This usually means oils before moisturiser, but you decide.)
Your Best Skin: How to Bath with Australia’s Best Brands.
We support wellness achieved from both the inside and out. We’re committed to continually educating and arming our community with the insight needed to make their most informed choices.
From cosmetic lines to regular night-time routines, we value your health and hope that our conscious product selection and regular articles help support this intent. Check out our carefully curated range today.